Wednesday 18 March 2015

Makin' do

Hello guys today's post is about making do with what you've got. As a unemployed student I don't have a whole lot of money but I still manage to buy new make-up when I have so much already! i'm going to share a few helpful tips and tricks I have used previously when trying to save a few pennies or learning to spend my money more wisely. This post wont appeal to everyone but if you're willing to cut down on purchasing hopefully something on this post will help you, good luck!

Take a look though your things.
I don't know about you but I'm never completely happy with my make-up bag because I find new brands what I want to try, new products come out in stores all the time and it's incredibly tempting! I always find I have gift sets tucked away that I received at Christmas or Birthdays and stuff but i'v never used because I already have a full make-up bag!

If you leave lids off like me! (one of my worst make-up habits)
most things you can bring back to life! for example if you have gel eyeliner put your eyeliner in the microwave for a few seconds and mix it if necessary, and use as normal after it's cooled down.

If you have lip-gloss but you can't get any more out because it's all stuck on the sides, stick the kettle on and pour the boiled water in a glass wait a few seconds for it to cool and put your lip glosses in for ten minuets, it will make the product go to the bottom!

Dry mascara put a tiny drop of baby oil in your mascara tube and wiggle your brush around and it should be good as new!

Cleaning over used brushes, I know we can all get a little lazy with cleaning them but it takes little to no time to do and you have a nice fresh brush to use!

Ration your make-up
Ration your make-up sounds pretty silly but I don't mean your eye shadow or blush but things like moisturizer, I buy pretty expensive moisturizer and because I love it so much but I tend to go a little moisture happy and I use way to much just because I can. But if you're really serious about cutting down spending I'd recommend buying some empty travel pots online or you're local pound shop and putting the same amount in each tub and labeling them for example "Skin Drink April" or you could do it weekly or whatever depending on the pot size. You could also do this with any expensive conditioning masks, i'm incredibly bad at using more than I need I tend to put half the tub on my head for no reason at all. You don't have to go pot crazy but for valuable stuff it is really helps!

What do you already have?
it's sort of like looking into your full wardrobe and saying "I don't have anything to wear" get what your make up out and split them into essentials and luxuries. I know it's hard to just buy one thing in store, but make sure you know what product you need next rather than buying something when you already have loads of. 

Research your products 
If your digging deep and buying something I would seriously recommend looking at plenty of reviews and tutorials ensuring you it's the right product for your skin type and the right shade that compliments you! Sometimes it's really misleading in store too as the lighting in drug stores are crazy bright, swatch the makeup and walk down another isle, sounds crazy but because of the synthetic light it doesn't reflect it's true colour. I have done it plenty of times with foundation, It's not the end of the world though! if you do purchase the wrong shade, you could mix it with another depending on how far out you are. 

Promotion
There is nothing wrong with promoting but don't get drawn in unless it's one of your essentials, there is no harm in looking though! one of the things that draws me in the most is lipsticks! so many shades and finishes it is all very appealing but theirs a very high chance they'll just be another lipstick in my bag you don't use! It's all well and good loving a certain product on somebody else but does it suit you. Really think before you buy make sure it's something your going to use especially when internet shopping!

Thank you for reading this post!  


No comments:

Post a Comment