Tuesday 14 April 2015

Hull Fashion Week Finale

I'm Hull born and bred and i'm proud of it too! We're now the City of Culture for 2017 and new exciting things are coming over the horizon! We already have Freedom Fest, Trinity Fest, Humberstreet Sesh and Hull Bid Fashion Week! Hulls Fashion Week consisted of make-overs, discounts and gave Hull's independent stores a chance to showcase their goods!

I was incredibly excited to be a part of this event as I have never being involved with Hulls Fashion Week before! I have previously studied Fashion and it's something I have always being into but never really been involved in! I had little to no clue with what was going on so I was so stoked to find out what was in store. If you missed out hopefully this post will capture the atmosphere of the day! (this is a very photo heavy post)

Here a brief timetable of the day!

11.20 Sportswear Catwalk
11.45 Boxing Masterclass with Tommy Coyle
12.10 Festival Wear Catwalk
12.35 Upcycling Masterclass
13.00 Celebration Catwalk
13.30 Hair Styling Masterclass
13.55 Made in Hull Catwalk
14.20 Young Designer of the Year Competition Winners
14.45 Heritage Catwalk
15.10 Ballroom Dancing with Singer Georgia Roe
15.25 Industry and Office Catwalk

I was welcomed with with a little pink bag with some goody's in along with a free Benefit make-over and a raffle ticket to win Ann Summers goody's!




Personally for me Sportswear is a strap top and some leggings something you don't mind getting dirty, I got proved wrong these outfits were fantastic and I wouldn't wear them myself but these girls really pulled it off.



Boxing Masterclass with Tommy Coyle!






@KeeleyDonovan & @NinetiesBoy talking about Tommy Coyle's Headstart Academy!



Now for the Festival Wear Catwalk this is the one I was most excited for because the festivals season is coming so I was looking for some inspo! Even if your not going to any festivals this year you can still rock the boho/hippy look!












Upcycling allows you to make you a new cute skirts/shorts with old jeans! If your not confident enough do it yourself shops like Poorboy and Chinese Laundry will do it for you for a great price! alternatively you can buy unique vintage pieces they have already upcyled in store! 


At this point me, Stacey and the lovely Hull blogger @annalufook took a look at all the stalls!


Poorboy Boutique


Sally's Beauty Supply 


Sprinkle some twinkle 

Click here for all the stalls at Hull Fashion Week Finale!


Hair Styling Masterclass re-creating beautiful looks you can do at home!







I just like to give my fav stacey a big shout out for taking all the photo's on this post!

Thank you for reading! x


No comments:

Post a Comment