Saturday 3 January 2015

Why Prime?

For the past few months I have seen the primer buzz all over the web so I thought I'd jump on the band wagon too. 

Why Prime? Here are a few pointers
  • It gives you a smoother canvas to work on when applying make-up.
  • Some primers can even out your skin tone.
  • Primers prolong the wear time of your make-up.
  • Primers create a barrier between skin and make-up to keep in moisture.
  • You only need a pea sized amount for your whole face.
So far so good! I went to Superdrug and purchased three different primers at random.

Primer 1. Revlon Photoready Perfecting Primer



My first impression was not great if I'm honest, I applied a small amount all over my face before my normal make-up routine and it rubbed off underneath causing my foundation to look patchy and uneven pretty strange I must say.
It gave my skin a smooth feeling before I applied my make-up but it's not really doing it's job properly.
For £11.99 totally not worth it for me personally.
(different factors could have influenced this for example the make-up I was applying on top etc,)


Primer 2. Gosh Velvet Touch Foundation Primer Apricot
Wow I'd happily leave my house with this on alone, it gave me a dewy fresh look for almost the whole day! Again I applied a small amount before my normal routine and it give me a silky soft complexion and it stopped my make-up from creasing in my smile lines. I would defiantly re-buy for £13.99 



Primer 3. Beauty UK Prime FX
I'm a sucker for a bargain so when I was purchased this I was pleased It was cheap! I'm happy to let you know in my opinion it was just at good as Gosh Velvet Touch Foundation Primer which I was Incredibly surprised at, so please if you want to purchase a primer and you have a budget get this you won't be disappointed for £3.99! It's a clear substance that glides effortlessly across your face, it has blur effect that made my fine forehead wrinkles vanish along with my pores.

If you want to cheap out even more Vaseline also has a similar effect you want a incredibly thin layer on your finger and rub onto your face!

No comments:

Post a Comment