Wednesday 4 February 2015

W7 High Definition Foundation 12hr VS W7 Photo Shoot 16hr

Hello guys I treat myself last week too two new foundations, W7 High Definition Foundation 12hr and W7 Photo Shoot 16hr from boyes for £2.89 each BARGAIN. I originally bought these just to pop in my bag if I was going to go out for the day or sleeping out so it isn't a big deal if I leave it because I tend to do that, I'm incredibly forgetful sometimes. Anyway for you guys I thought I'd do a little review and tell you my personal pros and cons of these products.

My first impression was I like the packaging I don't know why but I'm a sucker for pretty looking bottles they're are frosted glass and look elegant and leak defiantly proof! One of the downsides of W7 Photo Shoot is it doesn't have a pump or spatula it just has a screw lid (I don't understand why) regardless still look fab.

I got both foundations in the shade in "Buff" but for some reason W7 Photo Shoot was a shade 1-2 darker than the W7 HD even though they were both named "Buff" anyway I went ahead and tried W7 photo shoot on with my beauty blender, it was easily bendable and glided on my skin perfectly, I wasn't really sure what I was to expect with this product as it doesn't really say much on the bottle but claims it's "budge proof" and "wont transfer onto clothing" which sounds good to me before I bought it I noticed on the ingredients it says mineral oil so I instantly assumed it wasn't going to be a matte finish and more of a dewy fresh look what I usually prefer anyway. I assumed right it gave me a natural glow but concealed my freckles for a few hours defiantly not 16h maybe if you just sat in your room all day but I highly doubt your going to do that are you. But for the price I can't complain I'd rate it a good old 7, would be a 8 if the shade was lighter but over all its a nice foundation in general maybe if you have oily skin you may need to keep powder handy but as I have dry skin it keeps my skin looking nice and hydrated, the texture is light and doesn't feel heavy and as it fades it doesn't look awful.

Right, now for W7 HD the bottle simply says 16hr pretty vague but the name suggests a flawless look, I was expecting a thick texture that's possibly matte. Well I do like it it's not what I expected but very reasonable for the price the colour was seriously perfect couldn't be any better if it tried as I really struggle getting the right shade for me, so just for that factor I'd buy it to mix with my other foundations. Wearing this alone is nice doesn't dry you out but lacks the mineral oil that's found the other foundation, defiantly a lot more suitable for the oiler skin types.This foundation gave me a medium buildable coverage and cancels out my freckles and any redness but again didn't last 12 hours at all,

I'd recommend both foundations for a more natural look daily, if W7 mixed theses two together with the mineral oil it would be fab for pale people with dry skin. But if your pale and have oily skin W7 HD would be great for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment