Sunday 1 March 2015

Lush Blogger Event!

Hello guys! Today's post is going to be a little different firstly I'm going to talk about my very FIRST EVER bloggers event, at Lush Hull! And along the way I'm going to talk about a few Lush products! (Including new Easter products yay!)
Lush asked bloggers of Hull to send them their blog links to check out, and the ones they liked the most would be invited to a exclusive after hours event! As a newbie to the whole blogger scene I didn't expect to get picked but I'm so glad I did! I didn't have the slightest clue what to expect and everybody did a good job in not giving anything away, admittedly I was slightly nervous! That soon changed! We were welcomed by the gorgeous bubbly staff that told us a little about themselves and gave us the chance to talk to the fellow #Hullbloggers whilst taking some snaps of the products! The room had a very pleasant aura everyone was very friendly and excited as we didn't know what to expect, but as always lush had some nice music playing in the background as well as some fruity treats to tuck into!


Next we moved over to the Gorilla Perfumes to hear the stories behind the of making the Death, Decay and Renewal Volume 3 scents, which are made from essential oils that are used in aromatherapy it is believed that certain smells can activate triggers in the brain to change your moods! I'm really into aromatherapy I use it frequently to help with anxiety and stress so I found it really cool that the perfumes are all made with essential oils and even better the perfume is uniquely suited to you as the smell changes depending on your body temperature. My perspectives of the fragrances changed as the stories were being told. My favourites were Death and Decay and Kerbside Violet, they were at very different ends of the spectrum in terms of the smell and the stories. Death and Decay smelt very pungent and harsh but transformed into a much more delicate lily scent (very much like the experience of death itself gradually finding peace within the experience) contrasting Kerbside Violet to me really captures the outdoors incredibly well, personally I think it smells very earthy with the feminine underlying smell of sweet violet. I think theses perfumes are truly incredibly especially after hearing the inspiration behind the perfume it helped create really vivid imagery in my mind personally for me Kerbside Violet smells like a breath of fresh air (just like when you finally finding serenity with the inevitable.) Volume 3 is all about the process of life and the phases of loss its truly beautiful concept, I'd never be able to write a post detailed enough to explain how fabulous they smell so check them out! (also it's worth knowing these fragrances are very long lasting I could still smell it on my wrist the next day!)


I also won this super cute wrap that tells you were all the ingredients are sourced from!
 (made by the guys who make Harry Potter props!) 

 "What is our most popular fragrance?"
"Karma!"


After that we looked at the brand new Easter products. It was all very glitzy and exciting we were the very first people to see them and smell them! The lovely team showed us demo’s of Fluffy Egg, Golden Egg, Hoppity Poppity, Pot o’ Gold and Somewhere Over the Rainbow (unfortunately I accidentally erased the Pot o' Gold and Somewhere Over the Rainbow pictures so check this out here & here)  . Easter is defiantly one of my favourite times of the year and Lush really captured the spirit of Easter with sweet candy, chocolate and herbal scents. Here are a few photos below!

Lovely Display!


Are you craving Snow fairy? well grab some of these while you can they have the same scent but in a lovely pink egg shape!

I'm so excited to try this out! It combines both bath bomb and melt together, it's inspired by Cadbury's Creme Egg with a lovely nourishing center with a honey toffee scent that turns into a sea of golden sparkles. 

In all honesty I'm just not a fan of soap but this smells so wonderful a very refreshing tropical scent with a moisturizing cocoa butter center.

How adorable do these look seriously? these carrots have a lovely tropical scent i just want to eat them all up! you simply swish these about or put under running water and enjoy all the bubbles these babies make! 

These are cute as hell right? They have a lovely herbal scent which I love as I'm a big herbal incense lover! These lovely bath bombs would be lovely after a long days work (it also has popping candy inside as a nice little touch!)  

Afterwards we got the chance to get our hands dirty and make our very own Angels On Bare Skin or Catastrophe Cosmetic Face Mask we got split into two groups by a lucky dip and I was in the Angels On Bare Skin group which I was happy about! I have previously purchased this product and I love it, as I have incredibly dry skin this is a very gentle cleanser inspired from medieval times so all the princess felt all pretty.


Here is the final product we got to take away!

This is a godsend and I’d recommend this to anybody who struggles to find a cleanser if you have dry skin the lavender has balancing and calming properties and the ground almonds gently exfoliate the skin it leaves you feeling silky soft!

Finally we had the chance to ask any questions and do some shopping, then the night sadly came to an end. As always Lush Hull has friendly vibes, the staff are all so passionate about what they do and are willing to answer any questions you have! I feel incredibly privileged to have taken part in this event, hopefully I'll have the chance to attend another one in the future as I had such an amazing time, so thank you to the lovely sister management duo, staff and Hull bloggers for making this night fabulous! Lucky for you guys if you find anything appealing on my blog and you want to buy something for yourself just quote "beauty with ell louise" at the till and you can too get yourself a lovely free gift!

Again thank you to the wonderful Lush team for being so generous with the free goodies, my room smelly heavenly right now!
Posts on all of these products will go on as soon as I have tried them all.


No comments:

Post a Comment