Monday 30 May 2016

Festival First Impressions/Tips

 So guys, it's officially here and the festival blues are finally disappearing!


I decided seen as I haven't been on here much I wanted to do a first impressions/tips post hopefully it will give you a better idea what to expect if you're a festival new bee for this festival season!

Last year I went to Leeds Festival I only got to experience it for one day and one night but I feel it was enough to know what to do and what not to do!
 

Please put all your stuff into something that's sturdy and has wheels! honestly, you'll thank me later.

Firstly, outfit choice is key the weather is so unpredictable and you need to prepare for the worst staple items for me would be wellies, over the knee socks, leggings, shorts, t-shirts and a jacket with a hood! Don't wear something if you don't want it to get ruined because the chances are they'll get ruined! Comfort before style in this case festivals aren’t glamour’s as much as you’d want them to be.

Food
 If you're willing to fork out £5 for a gross burger you're sorted but if not, then make sure you take some food you burn a lot of energy whilst your walking/dancing around so you need energy take things that don't need to be kept in the fridge or be cooked. If you don’t think you’ve packed enough food don’t worry, there is fast food everywhere just be prepared to pay the price.

Drinks
Luckily for me, somebody told me glass bottles aren't allowed on site so I transferred my alcohol into plastic bottles before I arrived. I saw a lot of unhappy bunnies who had to drink all their drinks before they went in to the festival! I know how tempting it is to fill your bags with just alcohol but honestly fit a good amount of bottled water in there, I was surprised how much I wanted it whilst I was there, they charge a pretty penny for it too so worth taking your own.

Keeping stuff safe
Make sure you put things in a safe place you need a bag that is secured with zips, I think your best option would be to use a bum bag.. yes, I said it a bum bag. 1. Because you can see it at all times 2. It's pretty much drunk proof I doubt you'd just take it off and leave it somewhere. I suppose small backpacks are also acceptable but when you're squeezing through crowds it does get slightly annoying! If you go on the ASOS there is plenty of pretty looking bum bags so don't worry! 

Tents
Tents! I'm no Bear Grylls so opting for a pop-up tent is a pretty smart move making sure it's waterproof, nothing more uncomfortable than sleeping in a soggy sleeping bag.

Accept that you probably won't see all the bands you want to! It's almost impossible to see all the bands you want and everyone has the same idea of getting there early and getting right to the front! If you’re with a large group of friends the chances of you all staying together is pretty much 0. So make sure your phones charged or you purchase a portable charger (which are available at Leeds Festival). Send texts with time stamps "Meet me at xyz tent in an hour sent @10.00pm so if the text came through late due to signal you'll know when it was sent.
Here are just a few other essentials I’d be taking with me next time!

  • Sun cream
  • Hand sanitizer
  • Dry shampoo
  • Baby wipes
  • Deodorant wipes
  • Mini first-aid kit
  • Sunglasses 

Remember to stay safe and enjoy yourself! 

No comments:

Post a Comment